About this CAMRA Branch
The branch area covers the area of central South Cheshire. The major towns in this area are Crewe, Sandbach, Alsager, Nantwich, Middlewich and Winsford. Although we have in excess of 500 members, only a small number actively participate in campaigning activities. We would like more members to get involved. So if you are one of our members who has yet to come along and help us, please do so, its all about having fun and getting things done....and enjoying great ales of course!
Branch events over the year include:
· Weekly & Monthly Socials/Pub Surveys - held at various pubs throughout the branch area.
· Bi-monthly Branch Meetings and Bi-monthly Branch 'Get-togethers' - These are held at various pubs throughout the branch area. They are tend to be held weekday evenings during the winter months and sometimes a Saturday or Sunday lunchtime during the summer months.
· Brewery trips.
You can see details of all meetings/socials and trips in the Branch Diary - Meetings and Social Events page on this site. These can also usually be found on the diary pages in What's Brewing, which members receive monthly from CAMRA HQ and in our county magazine, Out Inn Cheshire, distributed quarterly through pubs. Email 'Newsletters' are sent out each month detailing time/place of the next Branch Meeting, forthcoming social events and any other items of interest. These emails are sent out to all members living within the Branch who have agreed to receive emails from CAMRA. If you are a CAMRA member living in South Cheshire and you do not receive these mails please contact the Branch Secretary
On an ongoing basis, branch members collect and maintain information in support of CAMRA's campaigning objectives:
· Monitoring of pubs and beer quality for the annual selection of pubs for the Good Beer Guide
· Maintaining a list of all pubs within the branch area
· LocAle accreditation - recognition of pubs selling good quality beer from local breweries
· Liaising with local breweries
· Producing the South Cheshire section of Out Inn Cheshire - acquiring pub adverts, producing copy to inspire readers to visit and use pubs and clubs in our area and distributing the magazine to all branch pubs that serve real ale.
The Branch Committee is elected each year at the AGM in December. The currently active Branch Roles are Chairman, Vice Chairman, Treasurer, Membership Secretary, Secretary, Out In Cheshire Rep, Beer Festival Organiser, Social Secretary, Pubs and Clubs Officers and Webmaster.
To see the Role, Name, Photo and Contact Details of any officer, please see the Contacts page.
Also see our FACEBOOK PAGE