See more about this pub on WhatPub, CAMRA's national pub guide.
Re opened on Moday 16th April 2018. Parts of original building pre dates 1760. In 1838, Domville Halstead Cudworth Poole was the owner and John Tapley the occupant of the pub. Poole rebuilt the pub in 1884 (about the same time that the other pub in Marbury, "The Leathern Bottle" closed). Not too far from bridges 23 and 24 on Llangollen Canal. Large 200 year old oak tree on the green opposite. Stables in yard are listed buildings and now are part of the pubs' buildings, following careful and sympathetic renovation of the original pub. New covered extension.