South Cheshire

Campaign for Real Ale


Cross Lane [B5074]
Church Minshull
Emailku.oc.nniregdab@ofni Telephone(01270) 522348
Real AleReal FireFamily FriendlyGardenAccommodationLunchtime MealsEvening MealsSeparate BarDisabled AccessGamesParkingRestaurantDog FriendlySports TVWiFiServes LocAleLive Music
Opening times: 10-11 Mon-Sat; 10-10.30 Sun
Regular beers: Tatton Best, Titanic Plum Porter

See more about this pub on WhatPub, CAMRA's national pub guide.

Built in 1770 and was a Coaching Inn then. It took its’ name from the crest of the Brooke family, local landowners, which was a badger or brock. In 1838 the Tithe Map showed the landowner as a Mr. Henry Brooke, the tenant James Rideout. On the 1875 OS Map, it was the Brooke Arms. 1910 OS Map just has it as "Inn", as does the 1940's OS Map. In those days it was an Ind Coope pub. Brown brick with slate roof. Interior has been much modified over the years. Re-opened in August 2011 after long closure and careful refurbishment. Two roomed pub with a separate a dining area set aside from the lounge, which is entered from the car park. Separate small and cosy bar, accessed from main road or from lounge. Occasional live music and quiz nights-check the website and facebook page for up to date happenings. 10% discount for NHS staff.