Combermere ArmsWhitchurch Road
See more about this pub on WhatPub, CAMRA's national pub guide.
The 1843 Tithe Map shows it as the Combermere Arms Inn &c. Landowner was Viscount [Baron] Combermere, Sir Stapleton Cotton, and the tenant was one John Wycherley. On the OS 1875 and 1910 Maps it is referred to as "Combermere Arms P.H". In 1930 it was sold to Greenall's and in 1996 it was bought freehold by Dave and Margaret Sutton. It was then a multi roomed pub with bespoke doors! Subsequently bought by Brunning & Price and totally refurbished internally and externally. Modern interior is airy and generally open plan, with emphasis on food. Food quality is excellent as is the beers.